AKS

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Memorable Journey



The exams finally got over. It was too hectic to say the least. Finally left for home on 16th. It was by flight from Bangalore to Delhi and from there by train. As soon as we (Vigya and me) boarded the plane I saw a very familiar face in business class, quietly reading the newspaper. “Is he Dravid or not”, I was not 100% sure. Then I turned back to Vigya with a question mark on my face. He looks at me and says what happened, I looked towards my object of concern and moves forward since queue was waiting behind us. After 6-7 sec, vigya tells me, “He is Rahul Dravid na”.

Whole flight all of us kept waiting for his autograph since he was asleep the whole time. I thought it will never happen but destiny had better things stored for me. As we went to take our luggage in Delhi airport, we saw him waiting for his. Still not many people had arrived. Time was short. I went and asked for his autograph. He paused from talking to Mrs. Dravid and gave one. Then took out my precious w800i and asked Vigya to click a couple of snaps. First one didn't come that good (I think Vigya also was nervous), finally I clicked their snaps and he left.



I was really struck by his simplicity. So simple, yet having so much charisma. He is arguably the best test batsmen right now, the Indian captain, yet so down to earth. All the characteristics of a true Capricorn ( know that since I myself am same, our birthdays differ by 2 days).

I spent some time in ansal plaza meeting some of my DPS friends. It was fun. Finally we left for Patna in the evening. This journey will be remembered and cherished for ever.

Adios,
Abhishek

1 Comments:

Blogger Anand said...

man... you are really lucky yaar.

10/31/2006 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home