AKS

Saturday, March 18, 2006

FLASH BACK

FLASHBACK

Hi,
Something strange happened yesterday. As i was somehow trying to pass time in mathematics class. My friend Chetan and we were just having a casual conversation, when i told him how much i really used to hate maths when he said " i am here just because of maths ". It was then that i drove through my past once again. It was all there like a river flowing through a steep hill. However hard u try u cant u cant stop him. Well i just replied " I am not where i could have been because of Maths ".

Well going 2-3 years back. I was preparing for iit-jee in fiitjee. I really wanted to study in iit. I tried to concentrate to my fullest. Didnt bunk a single class. Attended all the mock tests. Kept sitting for full 6 hours in mock mains paper even though u dun do anything for almost 3 hours( all the guys who has taken fiitjee mock will understand ;). I was considered strong in physics and chemistry. Maths was something i was not too comfortable with ( except probability ofcourse). Really knew just had to get the cut off in maths.

Then the day screening happened which i smoothly scaled through. Then the day of mains came. It was 23rd May,2004. First paper was Chemistry. It went good. Then Physics, it also went nicely. Then came the bombshell Maths. Found the paper tough. tried all that i can. tried to give my best. Came out and found out that the paper was really screwing for every1 and cutoff was expected to be all time low. Different coaching institutes also said the same thing.

I had my fingers crossed. I knew if i can pass the cut off in maths i cud get thru. Then the day of result came. the site showed " you did not get selected ". Really didnt speak anything that day. for first time in my life. it occured to me that u dun achieve everything in life, however hard u try. Then came the real storm. My scorecard. Guess what my marks were Physics - 42/60. Chemistry 45/60. Maths - 08/60. Heard that maths cutoff was 09. Know what i did on hearing this, i just smiled, which is something i do when in my heart i'm most crushed. i didnt clear individual cutoff in maths. if i wud have got 1 mark more in maths, i wud have secured rank of around 550 in iit. But that was not to happen.

I am not sad with where i am now, i have habit of walking on with my life. I dun like to look back. I know better time awaits me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamal said...

man abhishek u rock
i had also tried for iits only once
not thru screening also
i stopped trying in march coz i thought if i try for aieee and cet i hav better chance to succeed
i got info sci at nit surathkal but didnt go
could not leave my parents
BUT u r an awesome guy
and u deserve much more and its time u get it
u r a microsoft whiz kid and even my frnd of E & C was asking me who is that brilliant guy from cse who got microsoft thing??
u rock
u tried to start a yahoo cse group
to help everyone
so keep up the good work
i think god has better things for here in bangalore
ur scores in iit???
i am like !! so good
maths was always my weaker point also
so thats it
u hav fun all the best
jamal

3/29/2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

hey, why do you think iit is "the" place for you.

As your friend i can tell you one thing and that is you are meant to and are going to reach better heights than any of my friends.

Wish you best of luck in your life.

4/02/2006 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home