AKS

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Recap

Hello everyone,
finally after so long am back. Many things happened during the last year. Gave some of the mba competitive exams:-
Cat – 98.5% ( Eng – only 73% screwed me in IIMs)
XAT – 97.8%
JMET – Rank 1242
Snap – 85 Marks

Got calls from many colleges for gd and interview. Most of 8th sem went in giving interviews only. Final sem project in SUN Microsystem got completed largely due to my partner Anand. Big thanks to him for allowing me to concentrate completely on my gd preparations. Well interviews were fun, going to so many colleges in so many cities namely Mumbai, Pune, Roorkee, New Delhi, Manipal. It was damn hectic taking permission from HOD and different teachers. They also deserve a mention here for allowing me to go everywhere with attendance. At the end I was not absent for more than 1 day in any of my final sem subjects ;) where I think I bunked more than 25 days.

I finally converted IIT Roorkee, LBSIM New Delhi and TAPMI Manipal. Was waitlisted at XLRI Jamshedpur where at the end my waitlist remained at 3. So if 3 more persons would have cancelled their admissions there, I could have got through but that was not to be :( . Anyway I finally am taking admission in IIT Roorkee. So two more years of studies remain for me.

College life came to an end and the farewell was a great fun. We thoroughly enjoyed and the memories of last 4 years will always remain with me. We had some great time. First year we used to bunk a lot and just chit chat. Who can forget badminton, entering classes in between fully soaked in sweat!!! 2nd year was a low key affair with trying to adjust in dept (HOD to be more precise). I became Microsoft Student Champ. Doing projects there, giving seminars for them, conducting Hands-on-Lab… it was an all new experience. 3rd year was awesome – winning in fests with Anand. Taking so many leaves/tackling hod in giving us permission with attendance for attending fests. Going to Hyderabad for attending Microsoft all India Champs meet. It was just great. During 4th year mba preparation was in full swing and it took all the time. Just few fests here and there…..

Now am back in home. Let’s see when do I get opportunity to go back to Bangalore, maybe internship or final placement, only time will tell. Have 12 days remaining before classes at iit starts, so will be posting 3-4 more posts in coming week to kill time. Thinking of posting about some of my interview experiences next. So keep watching this space.

Adios,
Abhishek

2 Comments:

Blogger Abhinav said...

See to buddy in patna :-)
and ofcourse waiting for u to come to banglore....

7/21/2008 10:22 PM  
Blogger Sanchit Jain said...

Hi!!!!
I am a 1st sem student of NIT Srinagar (IT)
Plzzzz mail me what shall I do 2 become a MS student partner lyk u
Thanx in advance!!!

Ur self-proclaimed-apprentice,
Sanchit Jain

P.S. Plzzz Mail on this mail id

10/10/2008 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home